Tuesday, July 21, 2009

modern garden


We have no garden and the plants on our balcony, mainly herbs and a few sunflowers, are taken care of by my husband (and little boys). But I'm getting more and more interested in the shapes of plants, the way they grow and transform. That inspiration (and some from Twinkle and some from knitting school dropout) made me think of this Modern Garden Cardigan.


I wanted to see if I can shape my cardigan with leaf patterns. And it is possible! Too bad I didn't thought it trough in the beginning, so it changed a lot on needles - and has some small problems and mistakes in it. All in all it was fun and fast to knit. It only took three days to complete. Since I was a bit sceptic of the outcome, I used some not-that-special yarns. In the end the yarns are just right and I love that grey shade.

Pattern: None
Yarns: Novita Anni, Novita Wool and Sandnes Garn Fritidsgarn held together
Needles: 10 mm


The cardigan is made for a dear (and smaller than me) friend of mine. I hope she will enjoy it.

21 comments:

Nasti said...

Oooh. Tosi kaunis!

satu said...

Ihana! Tuo kyynärpään kohdan lehti on jotekin tosi hauska.

Laura Michelle said...

I love the leaf motif - beautiful!

Jonna said...

Mahdottoman kaunis!

k said...

Neat concept and seems to have worked out quite well!

orange flower: sketchbook said...

Very clever design! The color is so nice, too!

outi said...

Siis ei oo totta! Kyllä nyt harmittaa, etten ole tuo onnekas ystäväsi. Täydellinen villatakki!

Sandra said...

Love your creation! Turned out great! And what a lucky friend of yours - I doubt I would give up such a sweater!

nicole said...

It's stunning. And like others, I'd love to see you write up a pattern!!!

ulli said...

fantastic - lucky friend!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Beautiful! I would love the pattern (if you developed it) for your sweater! I LOVE it! :)

veera said...

Thank you all, thank you for your comments!

There has been so many questions for the pattern, so I must add it on my to-do-list.

Rebecca S. said...

so creative and so beautiful! never seen anything quite like it!

Insahul said...

It's absolutely beautiful!

melissa said...

!! i love this more than words can say ! so very, very pretty!

Jules said...

upea villatakki!!!

manouche said...

Veera, i just looooooooooooove this pattern!
I'm looking for a pattern of top down sweater with raglan sleeve. Could you help me?

madison said...

oh please make a pattern! thi sis so lovely!

liset said...

Ohhh all your knitting work is beautiful! Really beautiful!
I like this leave vest very much!

violet said...

Tykkään ja kovaa!

vanessa said...

so glad i found your blog! such inspiration and beautiful work!!