Friday, July 24, 2009

august


Slowly the light shifts. Midsummer's light, when it never gets really dark, is still here, but not as in June. We are heading to august. And in August there will be beautiful warm and dark nights, perfect for celebrations, lanterns, friends.

Bearing that in mind, I thought of this herringbone pullover. Perfect for keeping you warm, even in the middle of the August-night. It's beautiful creamy white, like a glimpse of that midsummer's light.


Oh, it turned out beautiful. Many times at this point, when I'm figuring out how I feel about some finished piece, I notice too many things sort of wrong. I see the need for improvements. But that's not the case this time. I love every detail in this pullover, the tight herringbone pattern and the twisted ribs are exactly as they should be.

Pattern: my own
Yarn: Sandnes Garn Fritidsgarn
Needles: 6 mm


I'm adding this to my patterns-to-write-up-list (which is so very long already), since I love it so much.

7 comments:

nicole said...

Wow, I am so impressed with your talent! And how you keep churning the knits out. You're a real knitting machine.

The sweater is absolutely beautiful, and looks so pretty on you. I'm crossing my fingers that you'll write up the pattern...

Jonna said...

Mikä vauhti neuloa! Ja miten uskomattoman kauniita lopputuloksia!

outi said...

Olet ollut tänä suvena mielettömässä vedossa neulerintamalla! Uskomaton tahti ja aivan huikeita valmiita töitä. Ei täällä voi kuin helteen lomassa päivitellä. Fanitan sua kyllä ihan täysillä.

Gudrun Johnston said...

Totally gorgeous..I love it...you certainly must right up the pattern!

k said...

I too am hoping you write up a pattern - that sweater is lovely!

alittlebitofscrap said...

Another totally Brilliant piece. Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! It has a timeless style that will always be flattering. Please do write up a pattern!