Wednesday, February 1, 2012

color affection


Happy February! Perfect time to publish Color Affection, the new striped shawl pattern that I know some of you have been waiting for. This is a collaboration with the Plucky Knitter and I couldn't be more thrilled.

The blue/teal/gray version is a fingering weight version of the shawl.

More garter stitch and stripes to love. Choose your favourite colours, yarn weight and cast on for this shawl that will warm your shoulders - and a bit more. The pattern includes both fingering and lace versions.

Size, Fingering version (lace version): 94½ (94½)” [240 (240) cm] long and 22 (16)” [56 (40) cm] at widest part of centre.
Yarn: 1155 - 1200 yards [1056 - 1097 m] of Merino Cashmere Nylon Fingering by The Plucky Knitter or other fingering weight yarn.
Gauge: Fingering version - 18 sts and 36 rows = 4" [10 cm] in garter stitch; Lace version - 22 sts and 52 rows  = 4" [10 cm] in garter st.
Needles, fingering version (lace version): US 6 (US 2½) [4 mm (3 mm)]


Color Affection 3.90

 The grey/yellow/pink version is a lace weight version of the shawl.
 

26 comments:

Anna said...

absolutely fantastic

rebecca said...

oh my goodness ! Gorgeous !

rebeccalately said...

Veera, it's gorgeous!

Cambria said...

it's truly amazing, and I think I know what I'm going to do with a few of my random skeins of sock yarn ;)

Thea said...

It's so beautiful, Veera! I've just downloaded and am thinking about all my strays....

Bodil said...

You are such a talented designer. One of my favorite ever. I feel a huge urge to knit a scarf to my self. Perfect for Spring.

Brianna said...

The asymmetrical look to this shawl is amazing. What a trick on the eyes, in a good way!

Elli ja Aura said...

Aivan ihana! Taas pelkistettyä neroutta idessa :)
Elli

orange/chocolate said...

I love it too!!!

Hansu said...

Nice! :)

Unknown said...

What an inspiring use of colour! I love it.

Cassy said...

Lovely! I just finished your Stripe Study and I'm in love with it. Excellent designs.

torirot said...

Gorgeous! I'll have that in mind for my summer holiday knitting!

Unknown said...

Fabulous!

Lori said...

oh WOW! I am completely smitten with your stripe shawls. I'll be buying this one when I get home from work this evening I think.

Evelyn said...

This one is exactly the type of shawl that I love!

Liz said...

I think I'm in love with the raspberry and gold version. We could use a little colour here in Canada in February.

Kristen Rettig said...

Only one word, gasp!

ana said...

This shwal is exquisite! I love it!

Minna said...

Olen yksi joka ohjetta on odottanut langat valmiina. Tämä on ihana!

jojopig.com said...

Nice Post!!

said...

Thank you very much for publishing. I have been waiting! I bought the yarn already in January!

Maryse said...

What a gorgeous shawl pattern for I who love stripes! Both versions are awesome!

Siren said...

wow - they're just beautiful:)

Sunshine said...

love this shwal. so beautiful and unique.

Sylvie said...

Hello :)
This shawl is wonderful, a lot of Frenck Knitters from my forum would be very interested in a Frecnh pattern ;)