Saturday, February 19, 2011

stripe study shawl


If you feel like you need something happy and soothing to work on, Stripe Study shawl might fit the bill perfectly!


All you need for this all garter stitch shawl is some simple ingredients - your favourite colours and stripes. Unusual shape makes it interesting to knit and to wear. The shawl is worked from top down.

Size: 160 cm/63” wide and 68 cm/27” long at centre spine. The gauge isn’t crucial on this project, but differences will affect the finished size.
Yarn: 800 meters (880 yards) of fingering weight yarn - 400 meters (440 yards) of both colours).
Gauge: 20 stitches and 40 rows in 10 cm/4 inches ( in garter stitch)

 €3,90


17 comments:

April Klich said...

I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this pattern. Now I can't wait to cast on.

Michelle said...

Yay! I've been admiring all the test knits over on ravelry and I also cannot wait to cast on. I've also got my eye on your "Book of Gray". I am madly and ferociously in love with all your designs!

Skein said...

I've also been admiring all the test knits on Ravelry. This is stunning, I cant wait to cast on.

mokkakissa said...

My goodness, that is so good! Simplicity strikes back!

mokkakissa said...

Ohje ostettu ja nyt miettimään lankoja....

Kristen Rettig said...

I love it, will just have to add another to my queue! I think you are a fabulous knitwear designer. I am making the Celery Cardigan right now and think it's genius.

Breean E. Miller said...

this is lovely - and i love your gray collection - bravo!

Maryse said...

It looks beautiful! I love it and I love the other ones I've seen so far! Congratulations for this design!

At Home Mommy Knits said...

That is lovely! Just beautiful.

Katariina said...

Simply beautiful!

Linda said...

Lovely!

petite taupe said...

it was a pleasure to knit,
thank you Veera

jojopig.com said...

Quite Certain. Agreed.

Ada said...

Simply stunning!

Bidou said...

I have just started knitting (scarves, hats and baby blankets) and I wonder if I'll be able to do this shawl. Is it difficult ? Do you explain how to change yarn in the pattern? Thanks

Anonymous said...

I immediately fell in love with this beautiful shawl, thanks!

Leena said...

oi veera, upeaa! kyllä kannattaa joskus iltaisin katsoa, mitä sähköpostiosoitteen takaa löytyy... en ole ehkä koskaan nähnyt näin kauniita neulevaatteita. jännä nähdä, mitä kaikkea tästä vielä seuraa :) onnea! *leena