Monday, July 4, 2011

hidden in the forest


Oh, it happens all the time! After finishing some exhausting things, I always seem to knit a shawl with stripes. And I've done it again... Striped shawl must be my idea of relaxing.


This time there's even a bit (a lot!) of kitschy feelings in this one, but I love that! You know, clumsy childish "trees" knitted in "lace" pattern. Tasteless and shallow, yes, but I love it.


And one more thing - the "striped shawls for whole family" -project is not all forgotten! I have finally made perfect, perfect plans for the little fellows...

16 comments:

Mette said...

Oh, I love it. Bright green, big and gives hope for summer. Haven't really seen summer yet around where I am. Loved the kitschy trees. Will you come around with a pattern? I am finally hooked on knitting shawls.

Meghann said...

Love it! I'm kind of hooked on the different lines shawl so I'm excited to hear there will be more!

Meghann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Despite having only ever knit one striped shawl, I completely love them. This one is super cute, love the trees!

Julie said...

what a beautiful shawl!! the photographs are just stunning.

nicole said...

Wonderfully fun and pretty!

minabulle said...

Wonderful!
And the photographies are just amazing...

petoskystone said...

trees are never tasteless or shallow. 'tis a wonderful shawl...full of summer!

A Playful Day said...

It's so delicious, another beauty!!

Maryse said...

The pictures are amazing! Very very nice striped shawl!

margaux said...

beautiful shawl! I think stripes agree with you :-)

Unknown said...

Ugh!! Love love love!

Ashley said...

I really think you need to stop designing such fabulous things. Because I cannot knit fast enough and I want to make everything :)

So, stop. Or somebody please teach me how to knit more rapidly.

Lene said...

beautiful shawl :D

Cathy said...

It's beautiful !

elisala said...

I love this! if there's a pattern someday, i'm in!

(but i have to agree with Ashley, days are too short for your patterns) ;)