Tuesday, October 5, 2010

hooray!


Hooray, it’s done! Ready! Finished! And I love my new cardigan.

This yarn is gorgeous, soft and wonderful. The yarn has also given me headache - and it’s by no means fault of the yarn. Out of these skeins I’ve now knitted four (FOUR!) different sweaters and frogged the first three of them. None of the first three were good enough. More like hideous.

But now, now it's all right. The sweater is perfect. Love the cables, the shape, the collar. Only thing is that I might add some fabric to the buttonband for additional structure. HOORAY!



Now I'm ready to defeat my second monster (same yarn, different color, equal amount of frogged sweaters). If I've done it once, I can do it twice! Luckily this yarn holds up for several times of frogging and soaking and re-knitting.

Pattern: I'll publish it later.
Yarn: madelinetosh tosh dk
Needles: 4 mm and 4.5 mm

19 comments:

Tamara said...

Really really lovely...and in Tosh too...my favourite yarn...will be keeping an eye out for the pattern...

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I've been looking for the perfect pattern to make myself a cozy squishy super-warm winter sweater, and I think your site might just be the place! I will definitely be buying the pattern for this one as soon as you upload it : )

Ms. Kimba said...

Hey...did you see you were posted about on this site???? i thought it was sweet. Wasn't sure if you knew or not

http://fallingstitches.blogspot.com/2010/10/whats-hot-on-ravelry-issue-9.html

Unknown said...

That's beautiful! Love the color, love the shape. Not a huge fan of the front - but that can be modified I imagine to make a straight edge down the middle. So talented!!

zofia said...

beautiful! Love the neckline.

Carlene said...

I love it! You are quickly becoming one of my favorite knitwear designers.

Anonymous said...

beautiful. of course.

anmarie said...

absolutely lovely!

Julie said...

So, so gorgeous!! I love the collar, and the colour. It's just amazing, and looks deliciously soft.

Rach said...

I love it! It's beautiful and looks like one of those sweaters that you'd end up wearing everyday! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

It is perfect!

ela said...

It's wonderful, I love it! I'm looking forward to the pattern :-)

Giddy for Paisley said...

It's beautiful :)

petoskystone said...

wow. just...wow.

jenna said...

Wow, that's GORGEOUS

Mette said...

Love your blog such elegant patterns without too much fuzz.

Anonymous said...

magnifique cardigan, bravo

Sway Knits said...

This is so gorgeous. The color, the cables, the curved fronts, everything!

Maryse said...

Gorgeous and the color of the yarn is amazing!